Glen Park Family Dentistry has a commitment to ensuring comfort along with our quality care. One of the options we use extensively is dental implants. Implants are an especially durable replacement for missing teeth, integrating into the jawbone itself for maximum strength.
Dental implants are often paired with crowns for full tooth replacement, and can also be used to anchor dentures. Our Glen Burnie team will determine the best method based on your individual needs and desired results.
The Aesthetic and Functional Benefits of Dental Implants
Implants are one of the best solutions for tooth loss, and there are many benefits to choosing them for your treatment.
- Restore your smile
- Improve your oral health
- Improve your speech
- Improve comfort
- Improve function
- Protect healthy bone structure
- Provide a long-term tooth replacement solution
Our Glen Burnie team will consider a number of factors before recommending dental implants. A few factors that can make implants a poor or even impossible option include:
- The jaw having lost enough bone that the implant won’t anchor properly
- The patient’s gum tissue is at risk of not healing correct
- The locations of sinuses and nerves
- The overall health of the patient, taking into account chronic illnesses
Sometimes these issues can be fixed with advanced treatments before the implant procedure. Be sure to let us know about any medications you are taking to ensure your health and safety. To find out if implants are right for you, contact us today to schedule a consultation.