For patients that have anxiety about visiting the dentist, we can use sedation dentistry to better your dental care experience. You’ll be closely monitored by a professional who will ensure your safety.
Sedation dentistry provides many advantages to anxiety-prone individuals. Sedation makes the body relax more completely, and improves the potency of the local anesthesia. Dental sedation makes time seem to pass faster, which is especially useful if you need multiple procedures done in one sitting.
Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Nitrous Oxide, commonly known as laughing gas, is a mild dental sedation medication. Once inhaled, it induces a state of mild relaxation. It also reduces sensitivity to pain. Nitrous Oxide is safe for virtually every patient, regardless of age. Following treatment, oxygen is used to neutralize the effects of nitrous oxide. Once this is complete, you will be fully alert and able to drive yourself home.
Your safety is our top priority. At your appointment, be sure to tell us:
- Any prescription medications or over-the-counter medications you are taking
- Any herbal or nutritional supplements you are using
- Any allergies you have, particularly medication reactions
- Any health conditions you have
- Any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment or sedation dentistry
For more information about using sedation dentistry with your next treatment, contact Glen Park Family Dentistry.